On Location Natural Light Family Photography

On Location Natural Light Family Photography

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Newborn Love

I think Minot is having a baby boom right now, because I have done more newborn sessions in the past few months than ever before...which is fine by me.  Newborn and baby photography has always been my passion.  Anyone who has experienced a newborn session with me, knows how much work goes into them.  But they are totally worth it in every way.  There are sooooooo many things I love about newborns and newborn sessions....so just for fun, I thought I would put together a little list! (okay not so little, but this is narrowed down!)

My favorite things about newborns & newborn sessions:

The way they smell...honestly, there is nothing better in my book.

How they don't even fit in their own skin yet.

The tiny little blisters that form on their lips from nursing.

Snuggles.  I seriously can't get enough of this every time I have a newborn session.

The way their skin is perfectly imperfect

Peach fuzz all over their backs, ears, necks and arms

Sleepy smiles

Getting a call from the hospital (sometimes before Grandma...shhh!) that the baby is here!

Seeing how their mama is in complete awe of the tiny miracle she brought into the world

Milky bubbles on their lips once they are in the "milk coma"

Watching how the daddies who were once big tough guys, are head over heels in love with their new princess within hours of birth.

How newborn clothes are too big on babies under 8lbs.

Wrinkly and flaky feeties and fingers.

Watching mom and dad's look of embarrassment after their baby poops all over my setup, me, and anything else near them.   Honestly, every baby does it, and it does not gross me out...AT ALL...I promise. (and all the stains always come out!)

Umbilical cord stumps.  I know they are disgusting to most people, but I love how it's proof of just how new they are to the world.






No comments: