On Location Natural Light Family Photography

On Location Natural Light Family Photography

Monday, January 3, 2011

2011 Resolutions

Well, I am usually not the one to jump on and start making lists of resolutions, but this year, for some reason, I feel the need to do it. So here are some of my more business related resolutions:

Get things more organized: My studio, my paperwork, my scheduling...just in general trying to get everything as organized as possible to make things easier and less time consuming.

Learn more details of editing in photoshop. For the most part, I do very basic editing to most of my photos...but there is always more to learn, even if I choose to not use it.

Get back into participating in OPLOVE. This is a non profit organization that I was a member of when we lived in San Antonio, which helps me give back to Active Duty Military members by donating my photography services for free sessions: Before deployment, during deployment, homecomings, or after deployments.

Stepping outside the box. Trying new techniques, daring to try different angles, poses, and lighting.

Participate in the 52 week photo challenge. A different photo/theme every week...posted on my blog and facebook fan page.

Start a Senior Rep program. I really have enjoyed doing the few senior sessions I have done, and I would like to expand and do them more frequently. In order to do this, I need to get my name out that I offer this. A senior rep is someone who is outgoing, involved, and knows alot of people at there high school. Senior reps get a free senior session, and incentives when they refer people to me (will post more about this soon!)

Try to go a little more "green". Last year I bought an Ipad, and a few different apps to help with going semi-paperless when it comes to my forms and such. Clients will fill out forms on my Ipad, and copies will be emailed to them. This should cut back on my paper usage by about 50%.

No comments: